Friday, August 29, 2014

Line Song and Dance

I had this crazy idea that I should totally make a dance and song that would go into my line unit for my kindergarteners and First graders, but I couldn't come up with anything.

Low and behold, the power of shopping strikes again. I was on my way home from a productive day of clothes shopping and the words came to me... SOOOOO. Here it is.

This is basically sung to the farmer in the dell, but as a Chorus.

Blue is the teacher and Black are student lines.
When they sing the lines are everywhere they should point at a line they see.

 Horizontal Line movement is to hold your arms out at your sides.
For Vertical Clap your hands together over your head.
For Diagonal Line do a two armed disco point. (One arm up and one down at an angle)

For Zig-Zag, walk like an Egyptian (look it up for your young'ins).
For wavy lines wiggle your arms like worms.
For wide lines flex your arms out at your sides.
For thin bring your hand in the middle like you are praying.

Finish by pointing at lines you see. you could instruct them to specifically point at vertical or horizontal, etc..



KbZipaDeeDooDah Font Download - you will need this to see the fun font in the file.

I would just like to say thank you to KB Designs for your AWESOME fonts... I know we have them all over our school. Also thank you to Pixabay, your free photo stock images are awesome to use for powerpoint background images.

No comments:

Post a Comment