Monday, July 14, 2014

Setting up my classroom

So today I started the never ending task of setting up my classroom today... As I looked around the room I was daunted by the amount of stuff that was left over from the previous teachers... And the complete disorganization... So getting started is going to be fun...

This is my first time in an elementary art room since I was in college... In an effort to remember everything I needed I am making a list...

I have included a reading center, to introduce topics, artworks, and read texts to my students... There was a large area rug already set for this...

6 tables with stools... I am dividing them into 6 work spots with electrical tape... And putting a colored marker in each spot to assign jobs and responsibilities.... I have just started marking my tables... Hopefully this keeps students in their work stations...


I was thinking I should put colors on the bottom of the stools and the last class can make sure they match up...

Now all the storage in this room is awesome... I had more storage than I knew what to do with... I am still re-arranging... 


These are at the front of the room... I want to put things I use regularly in these...


The back area contains two... Yes two!... Paper storage units... And another one that has paint... Ps I will never have to buy paint again! I covered two units with the mobile wall... I had to arrange it so I could use the bulletin boards and white board in the back.


I need to move the white shelf to expose the other bulletin board. But this has the clay drying rack and another paint storage... I swear enough paint for a lifetime...

The goal for tomorrow is to start organizing supplies and inventorying them... Because you always need to do that...

If you have any suggestions about the layout let me know!

Keepin' it Artsy...
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment